Sunday, November 18
• Energy Eco-Centre at the Dunedin Gasworks Museum, in
the fitting shop, Braemar St, 2pm.
• Solaraction New Zealand co-chair Tim Bishop on
"renewable energy production: DIY - five solar and renewable
energy projects to do".
Tuesday, November 20
• Sawyers Bay Garden Club pot luck tea and social
evening, 6pm for 6.30pm meal. Bring a Christmas treat for
Saturday, November 24
• Outram Garden Club bus trip to Waihola. Mosgiel pick-up
12.45pm, Outram 1pm at fire station. Members to bring
Christmas swap gift. Inquiries to Jessie 489-8561.
Saturday-Sunday, November 24-25
• Otago Rose Society annual rose show, Forbury Park,
in association with the Otago Iris Society, the Dunedin
Sugarcraft Guild and the Otago Lily Society. Plants for sale,
raffles, morning and afternoon teas. "Ask our experts" team
available to help identify roses or answer rose questions.
Open to the public, 1pm-5pm Saturday and 10am-3.30pm Sunday.
Admission, $5 (includes afternoon tea). ORS members and
Monday, November 26
• Palmerston Garden Circle meeting, Palmerston
Community Centre, 5pm. Speaker Robin Abernethy. Pot-luck
finger-food tea, raffles, sales table.
Saturday, December 1
• Otago/Southland iris show, Dunedin North
Intermediate. Regional show 8am-10.30am. Open to public
11am-4pm. Display by Waimate iris hybridiser Brian Harris and
Mossburn grower Noel Laphams.
Inquiries to Laurol 465-7727 or Robert 465-8177.
• Otago/Southland Branch New Zealand Camellia Society
will visit visit Brian Tidmarsh's "Glenmorangie" property, 59
Rockside Road North Dunedin, 11am. Lunch at Ombrellos at 1pm.
RSVP to Joyce on 489-6959 by Monday October 29.
• Otago Lily Society will meet at 2pm at Maori Hill
community centre. Speaker and floral demonstration.
Wednesday, December 5
• Otago Rose Society monthly meeting, St Peter's
Church hall, Hillside Rd, 7.45pm. Royal "theme" night
including a royal quiz. Bring your royal memorabilia and tell
its story; dress up in your royal finery or bring your
Sales table, raffles, Christmas supper.
Email notices by noon Wednesday to firstname.lastname@example.org or
write to ODT Editorial Features, PO Box 181, Dunedin.