Photo by Linda Robertson.
Tenants of the former National Bank Building in Princes St in
Dunedin (from left) Sonia McGregor, from Motor Trade
Finances, William Cockerill, from Octa Associates, and Hamish
Saxton, from Tourism Dunedin, celebrate the building's 100th
anniversary at a party in the bank chamber last night.
Staff moved into the original building, which cost 32,000 to
build, on March 1, 1913. The building was completely restored
and refurbished by Octa in the early 2000s.
It is one of a group of three historic buildings including
the former Standard Insurance building (1875) next door and
the former Bank of New Zealand building (1882) two doors
along, which were recently, or are in the process of being,
renovated for commercial tenants in the Exchange area.