Prince William, Kate and their son Prince George are coming
to New Zealand for 10 days next month. Photo by NZ Post.
Twenty young Otago rugby players will be ''coached'' by
the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during a Rippa rugby
tournament at Forsyth Barr Stadium during the royal visit next
The tournament is one of the events Prince William and Kate
will attend during their visit to Dunedin and Queenstown as
part of their trip to Australia and New Zealand from April
Prince George, nearly 9 months old when the family visits,
will stay in Wellington at the couple's Government House base
when his parents fly south.
''We're trying to make it as easy as possible for them to
have regular family time with their son,'' Prime Minister
John Key said.
During the couple's fleeting visit to Dunedin on April 13,
they will attend a Palm Sunday church service at St Paul's
St Paul's Dean the Very Rev Dr Trevor James said the Royal
Couple had asked to attend a normal Palm Sunday cathedral
After the church service, the Regal Rugby Fun Day at Forsyth
Barr Stadium, which will be free to the public, is billed as
''offering the best opportunity to see the Royal Couple''.
It will feature a Rippa rugby tournament overseen by several
All Blacks. The normal stadium market will also be on.
All Blacks taking part include Highlanders Aaron Smith and
Ben Smith as well as former All Black Brad Thorn.
The search is now on for eight Otago Rippa rugby teams to
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will live the fast life
when they fly to Queenstown. Activities will include a
Shotover Jet thrill ride and a wine-tasting visit to
Amisfield winery at Lake Hayes.
The couple will stay in Queenstown overnight before
travelling to Christchurch.
Royal visit April 7-16
• Prince George will accompany Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge.
• First trip down under for duchess.
• Will visit: Wellington, Blenheim, Auckland, Dunedin,
Queenstown, Christchurch, Wellington.
• In Dunedin: St Paul's Cathedral service, Rippa rugby
tournament at Forsyth Barr Stadium.
• In Queenstown: Wine tasting at Amisfield, trip on
• Other activities while in NZ: Meet Wellington
Plunket parents, visit CTV building memorial site in
Christchurch, match-race on an America's Cup yacht on
Auckland Harbour, open new National Cycling Centre of
Excellence and Velodrome at Cambridge.
• Wellington: Monday, April 7.
• Wellington: Wednesday, April 9.
• Blenheim: Thursday, April 10.
• Auckland: Friday, April 11.
• Waikato: Saturday, April 12.
• Dunedin, Queenstown: Sunday, April 13.
• Christchurch: Monday, April 14.
• Wellington: Wednesday, April 16.
• No public engagements Tuesday, April 8, and Tuesday, April