Gas leak prompts property evacuations

Photo by Craig Baxter.
Photo by Craig Baxter.
Firefighters attend to a leaking gas cylinder which had caused the evacuation of several properties in Melbourne St, South Dunedin, yesterday.

Emergency services were called to the commercial premises about 1.15pm following reports of a ''strong smell of gas in the area'', a Fire Service spokeswoman said.

A cordon was put in place while firefighters isolated the leaking 45kg cylinder, she said.

ODT/directory - Local Businesses

CompanyLocationBusiness Type
Chameleon Decorating LtdDunedinPainters
GLI ComputersDunedinComputer Services
Harris ExcavationMosgielContractors
Westaff (NZ) LtdDunedinEmployment Agencies