Home remains in lockdown until Tuesday

Ross Home and Hospital, in Dunedin, will now stay in lockdown until after the long weekend to be sure it is ''110% cleared'' of gastroenteritis, manager Margaret Pearce says.

The facility had had new cases this week in residents and staff from the outbreak, which began on May 20.

Mrs Pearce did not have to hand numbers of those made ill by the outbreak, which last week had afflicted about 30 residents and 12 staff.

The facility could have partially reopened, but it made sense to wait until Tuesday to ensure the whole site was clear.

She thanked her ''amazing'' staff, and the public, for understanding why the facility was closed to visitors.

The home does not have results of tests yet to determine what type of gastroenteritis caused the outbreak.

Meanwhile, the inpatient ward at Clutha Health First, reopened yesterday after being closed or restricted for more than a week because of a gastroenteritis outbreak.

Clutha Health First chief executive Ray Anton said the hospital had received confirmation norovirus was responsible for the outbreak.

ODT/directory - Local Businesses

CompanyLocationBusiness Type
Milton Dental CentreMiltonDentists
Wilbuild Wanaka LimitedWanakaBuilders
Aspiring LandscapesWanakaLandscape Gardeners
The Station Information CentreQueenstownInformation Centres