Firefighters at the scene in central Dunedin this afternoon. Photo: Mirko Harnisch
The Fire Service has praised the ''very good work'' of an
eagle-eyed Dunedin caller today.
Firefighters were called to Princes St following a report the
iSite Dunedin Visitor Centre's chimney was on fire.
The call came from a worker of a neighbouring building, he
Firefighters discovered the chimney fire was at a
neighbouring building, Etrusco, and the fire was promptly
Police assisted firefighters by blocking off the road, he
''It was very good work by the caller,'' he said.