Five people, including a 9-year-old, who suffered carbon
monoxide poisoning in west Auckland overnight are now in a
A family friend discovered the two males and three females,
aged between 9 and 53, semiconscious and vomiting at the
Jever Street property in suburban Massey about 12.20am.
Fire communications shift manager Nicole Bernard said the
group was given oxygen and taken to North Shore Hospital.
A hospital spokesman said all were now in a stable condition.
Detective Sergeant Peter Litherland of Waitakere CIB said
detectives would be conducting a scene examination this
morning with the assistance of the Fire Service to determine
the cause of the high levels of carbon monoxide.
Initial reports indicated a petrol generator was being used
in an attached garage to supply power to the house.