Five hospitalised with carbon monoxide poisoning

Five people, including a 9-year-old, who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning in west Auckland overnight are now in a stable condition.

A family friend discovered the two males and three females, aged between 9 and 53, semiconscious and vomiting at the Jever Street property in suburban Massey about 12.20am.

Fire communications shift manager Nicole Bernard said the group was given oxygen and taken to North Shore Hospital.

A hospital spokesman said all were now in a stable condition.

Detective Sergeant Peter Litherland of Waitakere CIB said detectives would be conducting a scene examination this morning with the assistance of the Fire Service to determine the cause of the high levels of carbon monoxide.

Initial reports indicated a petrol generator was being used in an attached garage to supply power to the house.

ODT/directory - Local Businesses

CompanyLocationBusiness Type
Mercy Hospital DunedinDunedinHospitals
Bob Wyber Contemporary JewelleryDunedinJewellers
McAuliffes JewellersDunedinJewellers
Laser Force Entertainment CentreDunedinRecreational Activities