A teenager died after reportedly drinking home-brewed spirits
at an 18th birthday party in South Auckland yesterday.
Tyson Devon fell asleep after drinking too much and when his
friends tried to wake him they realised he had stopped
breathing, 3 News reported this evening.
"He was drinking homebrew," said his friend Joshua Simon.
"Tyson is normally pretty good for drinking ... No one knows
what happened, might have been the sun, could have been the
Senior Sergeant Spencer Matthews said: "Normally people have
a sleep, they wake up the next day and all they are suffering
is a hangover.
"In this case a young boy has died and he won't be waking up
An ambulance spokesman said emergency services were called to
the address in Papakura about 6.30pm yesterday and found a
young man intoxicated and unconscious.
He was in cardiac arrest and attempts to resuscitate him
failed. He died at the scene.