Boy badly burned in camping gas explosion

An 11-year-old Motueka suffered burns to his face and upper body when a gas bottle being used for a barbecue exploded.

The incident occurred near the Kaiteriteri Motor Camp about 8pm.

An ambulance spokeswoman said the boy suffered significant burns to his head, face, shoulders and torso

He was treated on-board the Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter by an intensive care paramedic on his way to Nelson Hospital.

 

ODT/directory - Local Businesses

CompanyLocationBusiness Type
Frankton Real EstateQueenstownReal Estate Agents
Central Otago Truck SalesAlexandraCar Sales
Ribbonwood NurseriesDunedinGardening
Bayfield KindergartenDunedinChildcare & Kindergartens