Badly burned teenager dies

A Northland teenager has died in hospital after she was severely burnt in a gas explosion.

Nineteen-year-old Lesley Anita Wehi Jack, died in Middlemore Hospital about 7.20pm last night surrounded by her family.

Little more than 24 hours earlier she had returned to her Ruakaka home in Tamure Drive, where a gas explosion ignited the two-bedroom house she had moved into on Waitangi Day.

Northland specialist fire investigator Craig Bain said the explosion was a result of a faulty gas appliance in the kitchen area.

- Northern Advocate

ODT/directory - Local Businesses

CompanyLocationBusiness Type
Orderings Nurseries (Dn) LimitedDunedinGardening
Copthorne Hotel and Resort Queenstown LakefrontQueenstownHotels
The Red ShoeCromwellFootwear
Headquarters Hairdressing Sth DunedinDunedinHairdressers