Two rescued from night shelter fire

Two people were rescued from a fire in a Wellington night shelter last night.

The blaze broke out in an upstairs room of the Taranaki St property around 9.15pm.

Two people were rescued from the shelter, and were treated for minor smoke inhalation at the scene, central fire communications shift manager Dave Meikle said.

The fire was caused by an electrical fault, he said.

 

ODT/directory - Local Businesses

CompanyLocationBusiness Type
Knox and Anderson Ltd Painters and DecoratorsDunedinDecorating Specialists
Dunedin RefrigerationDunedinAir Conditioning & Heating
Rainbow DoorwaysArrowtownGifts
Spect PerformanceDunedinAuto Specialists