Boy serious after swallowing pin

A 6-year-old Bay of Plenty boy is in a serious condition after swallowing a small tack or drawing pin which lodged in his throat, endangering his airway.

The Little Waihi boy was went into an operating theatre at Tauranga Hospital last night.

After being stabilised by a Waikato Intensive Care Unit retrieval team, he was flown by Waikato Westpac Rescue Helicopter to Waikato Hospital for further treatment.

- Bay of Plenty Times

ODT/directory - Local Businesses

CompanyLocationBusiness Type
Southern Wide Real Estate - SRM Realty Ltd MREINZ - Licensed under the REAA 2008AlexandraReal Estate Agents
Southern InsulationDunedinSpecialist Trades
Body Sanctum Day SpaQueenstownMassage Therapists
K9 & Feline GroomingDunedinPets & Pet Accessories