Baby burned in fireplace fall

A 14-month-old learning to walk burnt herself after falling against a woodburner at her home in Coromandel yesterday afternoon.

"She was learning to walk and stumbled and fell against the fireplace," Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust paramedic Russell Clarke said.

''She then pushed against it with her hands and face and suffered burns.''

The toddler was flown by rescue helicopter to Starship Hospital in a moderate condition, Mr Clarke said.

 

ODT/directory - Local Businesses

CompanyLocationBusiness Type
Abbotsford KindergartenDunedinChildcare & Kindergartens
Time Out Tussock ToursRanfurlyRecreational Activities
Briscoes HomewareDunedinHomeware
Southern Pearl Natural Spring WaterDunedinCatering