Fire officers at a house fire in Woodbury Street, Avonhead,
Christchurch. Photo / Martin Hunter
Three people have been taken to hospital with smoke
inhalation injuries and possible burns after a large fire at a
house in Avonhead, Christchurch this morning.
Southern Fire Communications shift manager Riwai Grace said
multiple calls were received at 7.44am.
"Persons reported someone stuck in the house. Two trucks
All residents were soon accounted for and fire crew had wound
down by 8.30am.
Ambulance relief team manager John Sneesby said one patient's
injuries were moderate and the other two minor.