Warriena Wright. Photo / Supplied
Police have seized items from the Gold Coast apartment
where a young Kiwi woman plunged 14 storeys to her death from a
Forensic investigators yesterday completed an examination of
the Avalon apartment in Surfers Paradise where Warriena
"Rrie" Wright, 26, fell about 2.30am on Friday.
Police have also been trawling through online comments and
CCTV footage for clues to her death, which is being treated
Ms Wright, who was on the Gold Coast for a wedding, had been
at the apartment with 28-year-old bodybuilder Gable Tostee.
He was questioned by police and released without charge.
It was revealed yesterday that Mr Tostee had logged back on
to Tinder -- the dating app where he met Ms Wright -- only
days after her death.
He checked in on his Tinder profile on Monday morning, the
Gold Coast Bulletin reported.
Police have taken copies of Mr Tostee's online posts,
including boasts on a bodybuilding forum about 150 sexual
encounters and balcony sex.
He also posted that he was "devastated" by Ms Wright's death
and denied he had caused it.
Gold Coast Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson told
APNZ that police were aware of the online posts, but were not
making any comment on their content.
"Obviously we will look at whatever is presented, but whether
it forms a part of any investigation down the track is
debatable. But certainly for intelligence and information
purposes, we're looking at them."
A forensic examination of the apartment was completed
yesterday. Mr Hutchinson said police had seized some items
during the search, but he would not go into details.
A post-mortem examination of Ms Wright's body was also
completed yesterday. It would be some time before toxicology
results were available.
Arrangements to return Ms Wight's body to her family were
"We're hoping that the family might be able to get over later
in the week," Mr Hutchinson said.
Police had not interviewed Mr Tostee since he declined to
answer questions last week.
"He exercised his right to silence, which he's entitled to
do, so that's where we are at this stage."
Asked whether police would be talking to him again, Mr
Hutchinson said: "We'll see how the investigation unfolds."
It emerged yesterday that Mr Tostee allegedly had two run-ins
with police earlier this year.
Australia's Nine News reported Mr Tostee was charged with
public nuisance offences, assaulting police and obstructing
police after an incident on January 27.
He was also charged after a high-speed police pursuit, in
which he allegedly drove drunk at speeds of up to 200km/h, on
Mr Tostee was due back in court on August 27.
His lawyer, Mr Purcell, did not return APNZ's calls
requesting comment yesterday.
- By Matthew Backhouse of APNZ