A 33-year-old Chinese man was arrested following an alleged
assault on a woman in Queenstown on Friday at 7.53pm.
A member of the public stopped the alleged assault, Senior
Constable Chris Blackford, of Queenstown, said.
• A window was smashed in Beech Tree Arcade on Friday at
10.46pm. Police are reviewing security camera footage.
• A 27-year-old New Zealand man taking part in a stag party
was refused entry to a bar because of his level of
intoxication on Friday at 11.51pm. He was given a pre-charge
warning by police.
• A 20-year-old New Zealand man was arrested following an
alleged assault on a woman in Queenstown Mall on Saturday at
• A 38-year-old Englishwoman, of Lake Hayes, took exception
to being refused entry to a bar and allegedly assaulted a
doorman with her shoe on Saturday at 2am.
• A group of men were reported fighting in McDonald's
restaurant in Camp St on Saturday at 4.30am, but fled before
• Two men were given pre-charge warnings by police for
climbing on to the roof of a backpackers' hostel on Shotover
St to see the morning view on Saturday at 6.40am.
• An 18-year-old Queenstown man was charged with driving with
a breath-alcohol level of 209mcg in Memorial St on Saturday
at 11.35pm. The man was expected to appear in the Queenstown
District Court next Monday.
• A 23-year-old Invercargill man was spoken to by police
about his behaviour in Church St on Saturday at 11.50pm. The
man was arrested in relation to a disorderly behaviour
• An 18-year-old Invercargill man was spoken to by police
about his behaviour in Queenstown Mall on Saturday at
11.55pm. The man allegedly abused staff in a kebab takeaway.
• A man was trying to break up a fight between two groups
when a 23-year-old New Zealand man, of Queenstown, allegedly
assaulted him with a glass on Sunday at 12.20am. The victim
suffered a deep wound to his forehead. The Queenstown man was
arrested and charged with injuring with intent to injure.
• A 22-year-old New Zealand man was arrested on a behaviour
charge after being refused entry to a bar because of his
level of intoxication and refusing to leave on Sunday at
• A 36-year-old Brazilian man was given a pre-charge warning
by police after being ejected from a bar on Queenstown Mall
on Sunday at 1.48am.
• A 25-year-old American man was arrested on a disorderly
behaviour charge after he was refused entry to a Shotover St
bar and allegedly attempted to bash the two doormen's heads
together on Sunday at 2am.
• A 27-year-old Englishman was arrested on a disorderly
behaviour charge after he was ejected from a bar on Steamer
Wharf and allegedly tried to get back inside on Sunday at
• Two Englishmen, unknown to each other, were arrested after
allegedly fighting in Beach St on Sunday at 3.45am.
• A man under the age of 20 was charged with driving with a
breath-alcohol level of 217mcg in Shotover St on Sunday at
• A man was recovered by search and rescue personnel after he
fell off his bicycle in Skippers Canyon and injured his ankle
on Sunday at 4.30pm.
• A taxi driver drove an intoxicated woman to a Queenstown
address on Sunday at 10.30pm, but she allegedly refused to
pay the $10 fare on arrival and hit the driver in the face.
Police are reviewing security camera footage from the taxi to
identify the woman.
*Source: Queenstown Police