A 10-year-old girl thought to have received an electrical
shock during a lightning strike at the Wanaka swimming pool has
resumed her holiday without needing medical attention.
The girl was showering at the pool when the lightning struck
the facility yesterday afternoon during a violent
Lakes Leisure chief executive Ruth Stokes said yesterday the
girl was ''thought to have received a mild electrical shock.
The child did not sustain any injuries and did not require
any medical attention.''
Lakes Leisure had been assured the child, a New Zealander on
holiday in Wanaka, was fine and she had resumed her holiday
with her parents, Ms Stokes said.
The accident could not have been anticipated, but the matter
was being investigated, she said.
The pool was closed for the day and Lakes Leisure also closed
its outdoor Arrowtown pool as a precaution.