Friday, January 11
At 3pm a man reported his 3m yellow and white single kayak
had been taken from the Queenstown Gardens. Inquiries are
• A 22-year-old New Zealand man was arrested after allegedly
breaching his bail conditions by drinking alcohol.
• A 20-year-old New Zealand man was arrested for allegedly
breaching his bail conditions by consuming alcohol.
Saturday, January 12
• At 4am a Queenstown man was allegedly assaulted from behind
in Queenstown Mall. Senior Constable Chris Blackford said the
man was intoxicated and had ''no idea who it was or why''.
Police are looking at CCTV footage and inquiries are
• At 4.05am a large window was broken in Shotover St. Police
have spoken to two Czech men and another person in relation
to the incident.
• At 9am ''a huge amount'' of graffiti and other vandalism at
Wakatipu High School was reported to police. Windows had been
smashed with rubbish bin lids and Snr Const Blackford said
property was also vandalised in Sawmill Rd with yellow
spraypaint. Inquiries are continuing.
• At noon it was reported cars in Closeburn were broken into
and items stolen. A holiday home was also broken into.
Inquiries are continuing.
• A 17-year-old New Zealand youth was spoken to by police
after a large branch was ripped off a tree in Shotover St and
thrown on to the footpath. Snr Const Blackford said the teen
was ''arrested and given the benefit of a pre-charge
• At 8.30pm a taxi driver pulled into a taxi stand and a car
reversed into it. Police have the licence plate number of the
vehicle and inquiries are continuing.
• A 19-year-old New Zealand man was arrested after property
was damaged in The Terrace.
Source - Queenstown Police