Friday, February 15
• A Scotsman was charged with driving with a breath-alcohol
level of 574mcg in Fernhill at 11.40pm.
Saturday, February 16
• A New Zealand man was charged with disorderly behaviour
after he allegedly picked fights and swung fists at the door
staff of a bar on Searle Lane until police arrived at
12.25am. The man ran away, but was caught on the streets
about one hour later.
• A Korean man walking beyond the Skyline Gondola complex on
Bob's Peak was airlifted by search and rescue helicopter to
Lakes District Hospital with an injured leg at 11am.
The solo tourist had walked over Moonlight Saddle the
previous day and spent the night in a back-country hut after
he became lost.
• A 23-year-old Queenstown man was charged with driving with
a breath-alcohol level of 1283mcg, more than three times the
legal limit, on Frankton Rd at 9pm.
Charged offenders were expected to appear in the Queenstown
District Court on February 25.
Sunday, February 17
• No-one was injured when a small car and camper van collided
on Frankton Rd.
The camper van was turning right from Sugar Lane towards
Queenstown Airport when the collision occurred at 12.30pm.
Source: Queenstown Police.