Fires

Couch fires exported

Couch fires exported

Dunedin has a new export - couch fires.

Two properties damaged by fires; owner praised

Two properties damaged by fires; owner praised

House fires in Kelvin Heights and Hallenstein St kept the Queenstown Volunteer Fire Brigade busy yesterday.

Drizzle helps to dampen hot spots

Rural firefighters spent the day yesterday opening up hot spots at a gorse fire that got out of control on Scroggs Hill, near Dunedin, on Wednesday.

Brigades mobilise as wind whips fire out of control

Brigades mobilise as wind whips fire out of control

About 30 firefighters and volunteers from as far away as Otematata and Glenavy fought a fire covering about 3ha in plantation slash just east of the Hakataramea township yesterday afternoon.

Fire at dental school

Fire at dental school

Firefighters rush to put out a small fire on the first floor of the University of Otago Faculty of Dentistry building on Saturday at 1.30pm.

Officers home in on origin of blaze

Officers home in on origin of blaze

Department of Conservation (Doc) fire investigators have narrowed down the areas where the vegetation fire on Tuesday may have started and are gathering information from witnesses on the pattern and travel of the blaze.

Open mind on fire's cause

Department of Conservation (Doc) fire investigators from Queenstown, Alexandra and Dunedin are keeping an open mind on the cause of the large vegetation fire near Queenstown that posed a potential risk to homes on Tuesday.

Queenstown blaze under control

Queenstown blaze under control

Evacuated residents have been allowed to return to their homes as firefighters bring a scrub fire near Queenstown under control.

Tour of burned Somerville St house hits home

Tour of burned Somerville St house hits home

Seeing and smelling the aftermath of a vicious fire hits home more than just reading about it, Dunedin woman Trudy McBride said, as she toured the charred wreck of a Somerville St home on Saturday.

Electric blanket warning after Dunedin bedroom blaze

Electric blanket warning after Dunedin bedroom blaze

The elderly owner of a Cochrane St, Dunedin, property was woken as a fire took hold in her great-grandchild's bedroom, southern region fire safety officer Stuart Ide said.

Syndicate content