Flatulent cows start fire at dairy farm

Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows has exploded in a German farm shed, damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police say.

High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames," the force said in a statement.

One cow was treated for burns, a police spokesman added.

ODT/directory - Local Businesses

CompanyLocationBusiness Type
Outside Sports WanakaWanakaSporting Goods
Alexandra Youth CentreDunedinCommunity Groups
Gentle Annies Restaurant & Pisa CafeCromwellRestaurants
Gillies Metaltech LtdOamaruRetail Engineering