Immigration advisers now require a licence

From May this year anyone who provides immigration advice in New Zealand must have a licence from the Immigration Advisers Authority.

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) will refuse to accept applications from unlicensed onshore advisers, unless they are exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

From May this year, all immigration applications received from an unlicensed onshore immigration adviser will be refused and returned to the adviser.

From May 4 next year, offshore advisers giving advice about visas or permits will also have to be licensed.

Add a Comment

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter