You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Susan Wood will be the new permanent host of TVOne's Sunday morning political show, Q+A.
Wood will take the position previously held by the late Sir Paul Holmes when a "refreshed" version of the show returns on March 10.
Wood's CV includes Close Up, Breakfast, Today Live and Newstalk ZB.
"I've spent a lot of my career following around Sir Paul, and actually it's a great honour to be filling his place on Q+A," she said.
TVNZ current affairs editor Briar McCormack said Wood had proven herself to be one of New Zealand's top interviewers.
"As well as her contacts, she has the perfect skillset to host Q+A."
McCormack said the show would have a "refreshed format" with bigger roles for TVNZ political editor Corin Dann and his deputy Jessica Mutch who will continue to interview.
They will share that responsibility with Shane Taurima, who was announced this week as the network's general manager of Maori and Pacific Programming.
The appointment ends speculation linking Mark Sainsbury with a return to TVNZ, three months after he left following the axing of Close Up.
Sainsbury has confirmed discussing a role at TVNZ and said he knew Greg Boyed - who took over from Sir Paul before switching to Seven Sharp - had enjoyed his time at the helm of Q+A.
TVNZ paid Sainsbury hundreds of thousands of dollars in severance when it shut down Close Up, ending his 31-year career at the network.