You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
3 heads broccoli
400g mung beans
50g toasted sesame seeds
200ml gluten-free soy sauce
50ml sesame oil
200g tahini paste
1. Cut the broccoli into small florets then cook in a frying pan on high so it chars. cook until evenly charred, then cool.
2. Slice tempeh into 4mm slices. Fry tempeh in some oil until golden, then cool.
3. Cut carrots into matchsticks then add all salad ingredients into a bowl and mix.
4. To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth.
5. Dress the salad and serve.
Recipe provided by Watson's Eatery, Dunedin. Recipe requested by Nicola Pye, of Dunedin.
If you have enjoyed a dish in an Otago cafe or restaurant and would like the recipe, write to Ask a Chef, Features, Otago Daily Times, PO Box 517, Dunedin, fax 474-7422, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, address and a daytime telephone number, and we will request it.