You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Today, November 2
• HortTalk: The Need for Bees - and what we can do to help them. Botanic Garden Centre, upper Lovelock Ave, midday. Speaker apiarist John Graham.
Bees are responsible for producing 40% of the world's food. John will cover pollination, varroa mite and some things you may never have heard of.
Tomorrow, November 3
• Garden tour for City of Dunedin Choir 150th fundraiser, 10am-4pm. Cost $25. Tickets from Nichol's Garden Centre or phone Janette on 473-8239.
• Otago-Southland Branch NZ Camellia Society visit to Brian Tidmarsh's property "Glenmorangie", 59 Rockside Rd, North Dunedin, 11am. Lunch Ombrellos 1pm. RSVP to Joyce on 489-6959 by Monday, October 29.
• Dunedin Dahlia Circle dahlia tuber sale, Forbury Park Raceway, 10am-noon. Good variety of quality tubers from some of the region's top growers.
• Plant sale to raise money for the Dunedin Combined Christmas Foodbank. Top end of Ross St, Dunedin, from 10am. Perennials, hellebores, primulas, hostas, natives and more.
Sunday, November 4
• Energy Eco-Centre at the Dunedin Gasworks Museum presents "Water and space heating: Renewable energy projects at the Otago Polytechnic", a talk by Matt King, senior lecturer at Otago Polytechnic. 2pm in the fitting shop, Braemar St. Free.
Monday, November 5
• Alexandra Garden Club monthly meeting, 5.45pm, Central Otago Education Centre. Trip to Bannockburn. For information, contact secretary on (03) 448-9444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Maori Hill Garden Club meets 10am, Passmore Cres. Visits to two Pine Hill gardens. Share transport. Visitors and new members welcome. Inquiries, 466-7879.
Tuesday, November 6
• Bonsai meeting, Holy Cross Church hall, Ajax St, St Kilda, 7.30pm. Workshop with the rock gathered from Sutton. Members to bring tree and tools. Tree of the Month: Maple.
Contact (03) 454-2113.
Wednesday, November 7
• Otago Rose Society meeting at St Peter's Church hall, Hillside Rd, 7.45pm. Demonstration of tips for staging roses followed by speaker Emily Cannan, on rose photography (bring roses and your camera.) Sales table, raffles and supper. All welcome.
Friday, November 9
• Queenstown Get Composting workshop, QLDC office, 10 Gorge Rd, 12.30pm-2.30pm, with Dr Compost. Gold coin donation, funded by Queenstown Lakes District Council.
Saturday, November 10
• Waikouaiti Presbyterian Parish Garden Day, 11am-4.30pm. Six gardens to visit plus plant, cake and produce stalls at the church hall, Kildare St. Tickets $10 (includes a Devonshire tea). Contact 465-7897.
• Blueskin Garden Club trip to Larnach Castle gardens and Hereweka gardens. Car share from Waitati Hall 10am or meet at castle at 10.45am. Bring lunch to share. More info on club emails. Inquiries to 482-2896 or 482-2822.
• Alexandra Thyme Festival celebrates the arts and sustainability with the theme "cherishing our environment".
Workshops and activities on food, gardening, sustainable housing and other sustainable living topics. For more information visit www.thymefestival.co.nz or phone CO Reap, (03) 448-6115 or 0800 267 327.
Tuesday, November 13
• Brockville Garden Club outing to Mosgiel, including visit to Wal's Mart. Leaving the Community Church hall at midday. Inquiries to Dot 476-4184.
Email notices by noon Wednesday to email@example.com or write to ODT Editorial Features, PO Box 181, Dunedin.