No word on hospital business case

Chris Hipkins
Chris Hipkins
The status of the business case for the new Dunedin Hospital remains uncertain, and Health Minister Chris Hipkins is refusing to say whether it was discussed at Monday’s Cabinet meeting.

Cabinet sign-off is required before the $1.2 billion-$1.4 billion project can begin.

The plan sets in place the size and scale of the hospital buildings and the services to be provided.

Mr Hipkins had previously said he believed Cabinet would consider the document before the election, and it was expected it would be on this week’s Cabinet agenda.

A spokesman for Mr Hipkins said he was unable to comment about the business case. 

Add a Comment

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter