House fire swiftly extinguished

The back half of a Halfway Bush, Dunedin, home was significantly damaged in a fire yesterday.

PHOTO: PETER MCINTOSH
PHOTO: PETER MCINTOSH
Roslyn Station Officer Brett Foster said the fire started just before 3pm in the kitchen.

Upon arrival, Roslyn and Dunedin Central crews saw smoke and flames and called for help from two further appliances, from Lookout Point and Willowbank.

The fire was put out quickly. It was most likely started by unattended cooking, Mr Foster said.

The occupants reacted quickly, getting out of the house, and working smoke alarms meant an early warning so the fire did not spread to the front of the house, he said.

The residents declined to comment yesterday.

One person was treated by St John for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Add a Comment

 

xmas_guide_640x95.jpg

christmas-2019-300px-her.jpgchristmas-2019-300px-him.jpgchristmas-2019-300px-family.jpgchristmas-2019-300px-kids.jpg