You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The Otago Farmers Market has taken the top prize in the Taste Farmers Markets Awards.
It beat 40 other farmers markets nationwide to take the Market of the Year category with 2466 votes.
Otago Farmers Market Trust manager John Moore said he was thrilled with the win.
"There's a perception that farmers markets are only for the wealthy and well-heeled, however this is not the case in Dunedin. The trust dreamed of making locally grown food available to all, at a reasonable price, and it has become a reality,'' he said.
Judges included celebrity chef Al Brown, 2010 MasterChef winner Brett McGregor, Taste editor Suzanne Dale, chef Jonny Schwass, Farmers Market Association chairman Chris Fortune and Two Spoons blogger Zo Zhou.
• Taste Farmers Market of the Year: Otago Farmers Market;
• Farmers Market Manager of the Year: Trixie Allen, manager of Tauranga Farmers Market;
• Producer from the Dairy: Kingsmeade Cheese, Wairarapa Farmers Market;
• Producer on the Paddock: Cressy Farm Pork, Christchurch Farmers Market;
• Producer in the Paddock: Grown Produce, Lyttelton, Christchurch, Oxford, Ohoka, Waipara Valley and Darfield farmers' markets;
• Producer from the Sea/River: Moko Freshwater Eel, Lyttelton, Ohoka, Mt Pleasant and Oxford farmers markets; and
• Producer from the Kitchen Bench: Rowandale Homestead, Lyttelton and Riccarton farmers markets