Power outage after tree 'smoulders' in north Dunedin

Residents in Dalmore were left without power this evening after a smouldering tree branch was removed from powerlines.

Several Dalmore residents took to social media saying they had no power.

Aurora Energy spokesman Gary Johnston said a tree branch got into the lines and the power was turned off for half an hour while it was removed.

A Fire and Emergency NZ media spokesman said emergency services were called about 7.20pm to extinguish a tree fire in the area.

However Mr Johnston said the branch was "smouldering", not alight.

Power was restored about 9pm.

Comments

where there's smoke, there's fire