You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
- The National Party lead as results from advance voting come in. With 98% of the total vote counted National is on 46.1%, Labour 35.7%, New Zealand First 7.5% and the Greens 5.8%.
- Labour ahead in all the Maori electorates.
- A record 1,240,740 New Zealanders advance voted.
- Results from advance voting are expected to come in soon after the polls close at 7pm and could be a strong indicator of how the night will go.
- The Electoral Commission expects to have results from 50% of voting places by 10pm, and from all of them by 11.30pm.