You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Police have closed their investigation into a claim that a primary school-aged boy fought off a would-be kidnapper with a stick.
The boy told his parents, who contacted the police, that a man had grabbed him from behind and tried to drag him to a vehicle while he was walking in Prebbleton on the afternoon of November 7.
Detective Sergeant Craig Farrant said the boy was interviewed again last Monday but police were unable to progress their inquiries from what he said.
There were no suspects and all viable leads had been exhausted. Police had been seeking sightings of a red car.
"We had a couple of calls from the public [about a red car] and we appreciate that, but all three calls turned out to be unrelated."