You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
A bottle of bleach sparked an emergency call-out at Wellington Airport today.
Passengers on board an Air New Zealand flight had reported a chlorine-like smell inside the turbo-prop plane as it landed.
Police, fire and ambulance personnel rushed on to the tarmac. A search revealed that a bottle of bleach in a passenger's hand luggage had spilled in the overhead locker.
Newstalk ZB sports commentator Bryan Waddle, who had just got off another flight, said passengers on the affected plane had told him they weren't allowed to leave via the front door while the emergency services responded.