You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
A 6-year-old Bay of Plenty boy is in a serious condition after swallowing a small tack or drawing pin which lodged in his throat, endangering his airway.
The Little Waihi boy was went into an operating theatre at Tauranga Hospital last night.
After being stabilised by a Waikato Intensive Care Unit retrieval team, he was flown by Waikato Westpac Rescue Helicopter to Waikato Hospital for further treatment.
- Bay of Plenty Times