You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
One of the men charged with the fiery death of Shalvin Prasad can be named for the first time.
Shivneel Kumar appeared at the Manukau District Court alongside his co-accused today.
The pair have been charged with the murder of Mr Prasad and were remanded in custody until next month for a plea enquiry hearing.
Kumar's co-accused also lost name suppression but his lawyer John Munro appealed against the decision to the High Court.
Judge David McNaughton said he would continue the suppression order until 4pm to allow the appeal to be lodged. Once lodged the suppression will remain in place until the outcome of the appeal is decided.
The pair made their first court appearance last week where they were granted interim name suppression after police and Mr Munro, who represents both defendants, agreed the inquiry was at an early stage and naming them could affect their right to a fair trial.
The burning body of Mr Prasad, 21, was found on McRobbie Rd in Kingseat south of Auckland on January 31, several hours after he withdrew tens of thousands of dollars from his bank account and left his Rav 4 outside an industrial building in Papatoetoe.
Police believe the supermarket worker was alive when he was set alight.
Last week police revealed the money he withdrew has been spent.
Outside court Detective Inspector Dave Lynch said police were unlikely to recover it.
"But we believe we can account for the majority of it ... We are not looking for a pile of cash."