You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Abby Hartley, of Hamilton, became seriously ill while on holiday with her husband Richard.
She was rushed to hospital in Nusa Dua, Denpasar, where she has been in ICU.
Hartley suffered a twisted bowel, which has affected blood flow. She required emergency surgery and, despite the success of the operation, she went on to develop acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Doctors were forced to put her into an induced coma and Harley has been receiving oxygen through a respirator.
She's also struggled with a collapsed lung following a severe chest infection and has been in hospital since August 1.
Her daughter Sophie set up a Givealittle page hope to raise funds to pay her mum's hospital bill.
"Our mum is fighting for her life in ICU in a hospital in Bali and unfortunately insurance company is refusing to cover any medical costs," Sophie said.
"After a very long and stressful battle with the insurance company they have made the final decision to not cover any medical costs therefore we have been left with a very expensive medical bill.
"Her medical bill includes 24/7 care and observation, all medications etc," she added.
According to her daughter, Hartley is still on 100% oxygen through the respirator. Doctors are hoping to reduce it down to 40% leaving her to breathe the remaining 60% herself.
"Last night we had a big scare as mums blood pressure was dangerously low, heart rate was too high and saturated oxygen levels were low so she required a blood transfusion early hours this morning.
"Mum's infection has progressed into septicemia and she requires very expensive and rare antibiotics," the daughter added on the fundraising page.
As the Hamilton mum continues the fight for her life, her medical bills continue to grow.
"Yesterday (08/08) we got an updated bill of $NZ35,000 and today due to the septicemia and the antibiotics mum needs for 14 days we got handed an extra bill for $NZ40,000," Sophie wrote.
"Mum is a fighter and we can all tell she is trying very hard to fight all problems that are thrown her way. She is showing signs that she aware we are there for her by very small fluttering of eyelids when we talk to her or stroke her hair.
"All use of funds will proceed towards mums medical costs - eg, 24/7 care and observation, medications/antibiotics and the cost of her stay."