You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The oldest of four males jointly charged with the aggravated robbery of a tourist in Albert Town, Wanaka, last week has been remanded in custody following another court appearance yesterday.
The 20-year-old and three others aged 15, 17, 18 are charged with robbing Dutch fruit picker Moreno Antonio de Meyere of $350 cash on January 9.
All made a first appearance in the Queenstown Youth Court last week and were granted interim name suppression.
The 20-year-old was remanded in custody until a bail hearing in the Invercargill District Court yesterday. But when he appeared, his counsel, Hugo Young, of Invercargill, said the bail application ''was not going to be pursued today''.
Judge Christina McDonald remanded the man in custody to the Queenstown Court on February 11. Interim name suppression would continue until that day, she said.
The 15-year-old, who is in Child, Youth and Family care, and the 17-year-old, were last week remanded on bail to appear in the Queenstown Youth Court on February 11.
The 18-year-old is in custody awaiting a bail hearing.