You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz says Floyd Mayweather Jr's string of 41 fights without a defeat was over the moment their bout was announced.
American Mayweather is widely regarded as one of the best defensive fighters of all time and has compiled a flawless professional record of 41-0 with 25 knockouts.
While undefeated five-division world champion Mayweather has been installed as an odds-on favourite by bookmakers for their fight in Las Vegas on Saturday, Ortiz firmly believes he can deliver a victory against a challenger who is 10 years older and has not fought in 16 months.
"Floyd's overdue (a defeat), he's way overdue," Ortiz told reporters while preparing for the 12-round bout. "Forty-one of those fighters were not me. Forty-one of those couldn't move like me.
"He has fought the same way every fight. Now, I don't really care what he's got to bring. He's done. The moment they mentioned Victor Ortiz versus Mayweather, he was done."
Ortiz, (29-2-2, 22 KOs), did not want the age factor to overshadow the victory which he has predicted for himself at the MGM Grand.
"I want the actual Floyd Mayweather to show up," said the 24-year-old southpaw. "I don't need a Mayweather that's lost speed or lost power or lost age.
"He's got that beautiful mouth of his that just never stops so I want the best Floyd that is out there."
The flamboyant Mayweather, long renowned for his trash-talking, shrugged off the fact that he has not fought since May last year when he beat fellow American Shane Mosley by unanimous decision.
"I haven't showed it (ring rust) thus far ... I just try to focus on going out there and doing my job," the 34-year-old said. "I'm still very sharp, still strong. The reason why is because I don't think I've been in any toe-to-toe wars.
"When a fighter's in a toe-to-toe war, a lot of wars, it's wear and tear on the body. I haven't taken no abuse, so I thank God for blessing me with this great defence."
Mayweather, who prides himself on lightning hand speed and agile movement around the ring, predicted an early knockout on Saturday.
"He's looking for the knockout and I'm looking for the knockout, so I can guarantee you it won't go the distance," he said. "Right from the gate, I'm aggressive. I'm coming straight ahead.
"I'm going to go in there with class and will leave there with class. I don't have to brag, I don't have to boast. I'm going to go in there and execute the game plan."
Mexican-American Ortiz, who took the WBC welterweight title from Andre Berto in April with an unanimous points victory, said he had never been especially impressed by Mayweather's credentials.
"Floyd is a good fighter but I've never thought he was great," Ortiz added. "Ever since I was a kid, I would sit back and think; 'Wow, that guy is great.' Oscar (De La Hoya) was one of those for me. Mosley was one of those for me.
"Floyd, not his prime, not in his comeback, not in his anything has he ever been that to me. I'm definitely not impressed and I'm not a person who's going to hold any kind of respect like those 41 other victims.