Netball's quad-series cancelled

Netball's quad-series, which involves the sport's powerhouses Australia, New Zealand and England and was scheduled for September has been cancelled because of the coronavirus outbreak, Netball Australia says.

The September series, which also included South Africa, was to be held in Australia and New Zealand.

"All four participating nations agreed that cancelling the 2020 quad series scheduled for September was the most viable option," Netball Australia's General Manager of Performance Stacey West said in a statement on Sunday.

West, however, added that after discussions with Netball New Zealand, both countries were still committed to holding their trans-Tasman Constellation Cup series later this year.

"We're hopeful that our team will make it onto the court for the Constellation Cup with the Silver Ferns later this year, depending on how the COVID-19 situation evolves in the coming months," she said.

The Constellation Cup would be played after both countries completed their own domestic championships.

New Zealand upset Australia to win the netball World Cup in England last year.

Add a Comment

drivesouth-pow-hybrid.png

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg

Local journalism matters - now more than ever

As the Covid-19 pandemic brings the world into uncharted waters, Otago Daily Times reporters and photographers continue to bring you the stories that matter. For more than 158 years our journalists have provided readers with local news you can trust. This is more important now than ever.

As advertising drops off during the pandemic, support from our readers is crucial. You can help us continue to bring you news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter