Brief reprieve for Queensland fire crews

Milder temperatures will give bushfire crews across Queensland a brief opportunity to get blazes under control before the fire danger spikes again on Friday.

Almost 80 fires are still burning from the southeast corner to Lockhart River in the far north, destroying 33,000 hectares of bushland since the crisis began late last week.

The most dangerous blaze at Peregian on the Sunshine Coast has been downgraded overnight, but thousands of Sunshine Coast residents remain displaced.

More than 5000 people from 2500 homes were evacuated within 24 hours due to the fire, which could have been lit on purpose.

That fire is still not contained, but was eased on Tuesday with the help of a 737 aircraft that dumped 15,000 litres of fire suppressant on the flames.

That region received some brief showers overnight but not enough to extinguish the fire.

Little rain is expected anywhere in the state in the foreseeable future.

The Bureau of Meteorology says cooler temperatures and lighter winds on Wednesday and Thursday will be favourable for fire fighters.

However the fire danger will spike again on Friday and Saturday when temperatures rise again.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services says at least 17 homes and five commercial properties have been destroyed by bushfires since Thursday, with many more damaged.

A special police task force has been established to investigate whether any of the fires were caused by arson.

Police Commissioner Katarina Carroll said on Wednesday that detectives have so far established ten fires - in Brisbane, Stanthorpe, the southeast and central Queensland regions - were deliberately lit.

Eight of those were by juveniles.

"Some of these have just been kids playing with fire; some deliberate and some repeat offenders," she told Sunrise, saying some had been cautioned and others would be dealt with in court.

"We had a circumstance where a child is playing with fire and got away.

"Every circumstance has been different but all dealt with in different ways. All have been acted on."

Acting Premier Jackie Trad renewed calls for parents to reinforce the message about the devastating effects these fires can cause.

"The really important thing is that parents, all parents, grandparents, carers, they make sure that they get very clear messaging across to young children who might be a little bit fascinated at this stage by all of the coverage around fires," she told Sunrise.

"This is, you know, just playing with fire can get really out of hand really, really quickly."

Ms Trad said the government was honouring its commitment to boost the number of fire fighters in Queensland, with 100 currently undertaking the recruitment process.

Fire crews from around the country will arrive on Wednesday to give support.