Two taken to hospital after gas leak at Queenstown hotel

Two people were taken to hospital after exposure to poisonous gas at a luxury Queenstown hotel this morning.

A Fire and Emergency New Zealand spokesman said they responded to reports of a gas leak at Kamana Lakehouse, in the suburb of Fernhill, at 8.50am.

The incident involved a build-up of carbon monoxide.

St John paramedics attended to three patients, two of whom were taken to Lakes District Hospital, the Fenz spokesman said.

 

 

Sponsored Content

drivesouth-pow-generic-1_0.png

 

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg

Local trusted journalism matters - now more than ever

As the Covid-19 pandemic brings the world into uncharted waters, Star Media journalists and photographers continue to report local stories that matter everyday - yours.

For more than 152 years our journalists have provided Cantabrians with local news that can be trusted. It’s more important now than ever to keep Cantabrians connected.

As our advertising has fallen during the pandemic, support from you our reader is crucial.

You can help us continue to provide local news you can trust simply by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter