Dunstan House is the beautifully restored Heritage Boutique Hotel situated in the heart of the historic gold mining town of Clyde. Built from 1898 and opened in 1900, this iconic historic building is situated in the heritage precinct on the main street of Clyde.
Many travellers have been welcomed during the past 118 years, through the grand entranceway and up the magnificent stairway. Its grand entrance welcomes you into a world of understated elegance allowing a glimpse back in time to that bygone era of luxury.
This heritage hotel is original and beautifully presented. The two storied exterior complete with distinctive wrap around veranda, is iconic, with many visitors having already captured that special photo.
The interior is a photographers dream, from the elegant bespoke handmade kauri staircase, to the comfortable Victorian styled lounge with original ornate fireplace. The large colonial veranda overlooking the main street of Clyde offers an elevated sunny spot to soak in the atmosphere or capture that special Central Otago view.
The dining room with a central double-sided fireplace, provides a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Offering boutique accommodation, guests find each of our rooms individually decorated. Styles reflect that Victorian era, while mixing that elegant turn-of-the-century style with modern conveniences and comfort. William Morris wallpapers feature predominantly throughout the house.
The suite; our VIP room, complete with canopied bed and its own private lounge and balcony access, provides a quiet and romantic ambience. It is ideal for honeymooners, couples looking for a special weekend away, or those who wish to simply relax in a quiet peaceful setting.
Whether it’s couples looking for something special for their wedding day, and photographers seeking a unique setting, we can offer:
• The beautiful Central Otago schist stonework
• A Victorian lounge complete with the original working ornate fireplace
• The kauri feature staircase hand built on site and the centre piece of the entrance foyer
• The original cellar dating from 1863 which remains useable and is underneath the dining room area (special conditions apply with this feature)
• A warm inviting dining room
• A wide sheltered veranda suitable for all weathers and with grand views over Clyde
• An intimate unique and comfortable setting all year round for those special memories
Dunstan House…. Heritage with the WOW factor….