You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Here are some tips for last minute fixes:
Splash iced water on your face then lie down for 20 minutes with a frozen ice mask or cucumber slices over your eyes.
Apply ice to reduce inflammation, then a couple of drops of lavender oil to dry it out and further reduce redness.
Apply aloe vera then blend in a green-tone correcting foundation to balance the redness.
Touch up the chipped area with the same nail colour, then apply a quick dry top coat to smooth it out.
BLOTCHY FAKE TAN
Hop into the shower and exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate.
Looking your best
If you are planning a transformation, other than a gorgeous dress, hair do and makeup, for your wedding day, keep these tips in mind:
- Be realistic - unfortunately, we can’t transform overnight, so before you decide on a particular goal, consider your time frame and what is realistic for your body type.
- Think long term - set your plans in place far out from your wedding date, cramming in exercise at the last minute will not garner speedy results.
- Resistance - weight training and cardio go hand-in-hand. Resistance training can help you lose weight faster than cardio or dieting alone and also increases your metabolism.
- Change it up - don’t let your regime plateau mix up your type of exercise, duration and intensity to maintain interest and positive results.
- Watch what you eat - good nutrition should be at the forefront of your mind when trying to achieve fitness goals. Think clean and lean by cutting down on processed foods and increasing your consumption of fruit and vegetables and lean protein. Don’t skip meals either as that will deplete your body of vitamins and minerals.