Dunedin Mayor Dave Cull is looking at a 3% wage increase
next year, and councillors 2.8%, following the Remuneration
Authority's latest review.
Last year the authority moved from a pool system to a process
whereby the authority directly sets the level of
Under the new system, councillors and community board members
are paid a base salary and those with extra responsibilities
or undertaking extra work flowing from the district plan
process receive extra.
The amount paid is determined by the authority assessing each
council's ''size index'' and general wage growth.
Remuneration is reviewed annually.
Councillors have been asked to note the increase at today's
Pay rises 2014-15
Pay (and % increase)
• Mayor $146,250, incl. vehicle allowance
• Deputy mayor $65,650 (2.8%)
• Committee chairman $60,600 (2.8%)
• Councillor $50,500 (2.8%)
• Community Board chairmen (population based)
$14,000 (0%) - $17,400 (2.7%)
• Community Board members $7000 (0%) - $8700