You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Supporters of ousted city councillor Deon Swiggs are poised to file an appeal demanding an inquiry into the local body elections in the High Court on Friday.
A supporter of Mr Swiggs, Hayley Guglietta, told Star News the group, which also includes community leader Evan Smith, they want an inquiry into the city council processes.
The former city councillor had been shrouded in controversy in the lead up to October's local body elections amid allegations he sent inappropriate messages to young people, which he denies.
Following the allegations, he lost his Central Ward seat to Jake McLellan, a People's Choice candidate.
"We are calling for an inquiry into the conduct of the council process and conduct into Jake's [Mclellan] campaign," she said.
But Cr McLellan told Star News said he ran a clean campaign.
He said he was aware of the allegations that he had interfered with Mr Swiggs campaign but said it was "simply incorrect and untrue".
"There has been a pretty decisive election result and I'm just looking to get on with the job," he said.
He said he was focused on his job to represent the Central Ward.
This comes after the city council decided not to investigate the code of conduct complaint against former city councillor Deon Swiggs on Thursday.
Mr Swiggs described this as "lobbing a grenade and running away."
He said the whole process was flawed from the start.
“As Mr Shamy [his lawyer] has indicated, the whole process dealt me a hand that was unjust and left me in an impossible position at a critical time in an election cycle," he said.