An upset Christchurch mother has resorted to permanently attaching treasures to her children’s graves after several items were stolen - including three sacred pounamu pieces.
A Canterbury doctor has had his licence to practice cancelled following his conviction on sex charges involving several male patients.
- A young driver led police on a pursuit in Christchurch late last night before crashing their vehicle.
- A motorist has managed to escape her vehicle just before it plunged into a Christchurch river on Friday morning.
- Prince William’s two-day visit after the March 15 terror attacks cost taxpayers more than $300,000.
Public health staff will start meeting flights from China tomorrow to look for signs of coronavirus among arriving passengers.
- An man who impregnated his daughter will not undertake specialist sex-offender treatment while behind bars.
- The Rolleston Rugby League Nines tournament kicks off on Saturday - with officials and players set to be the first to use the brand new $1.4 million changing rooms at Foster Park.
- The North Canterbury Fish and Game Council has closed its two salmon hatcheries in the Upper Rakaia River to protect the wild sea-run salmon fishery.
Noeline Taurua is demanding the Silver Ferns embrace a ruthless edge to close out tomorrow's Netball Nations Cup final after watching her side grind past South Africa to maintain their unbeaten...
- England scored 400 in their first innings then reduced sorry South Africa to 88 for six at the close of play on the second day of the fourth test at The Wanderers.
- Until practically the final point on Rod Laver Arena last night it looked like lightning might strike twice.
- The Black Caps batsmen must be wondering just what more they need to do to set a winning total at Eden Park.
- Four coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Australia as authorities around the world scramble to stop the deadly illness from spreading further.
- A new coronavirus that has killed 26 people in China has been confirmed in Europe for the first time, as Chinese efforts to halt the spread continue.
- The death toll from New South Wales' unprecedented bushfire season has climbed to 25 after the body of a 59-year-old man was found in a home on the state's South Coast.