There are 82 new cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand - 52 confirmed and 30 probable, bringing the total to 950, Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield says.
- Walking the dog is a popular way for people in Christchurch to get their hit of fresh air and exercise while the country is in lockdown.
- Christchurch has been through a lot over the past decade. How could the lockdown impact the city's residents after the earthquakes and mosque terror shootings?
- Residents' family members and staff at a Christchurch rest home where two Covid-19 cases have been confirmed are concerned only a few of the residents have been tested.
One person is in custody and facing driving charges following a single-car crash on Greers Road in Christchurch.
- A Christchurch community board member is calling for the police Eagle helicopter to return to the skies above the city.
- Recyclables put out for collection in yellow wheelie bins across Christchurch and Banks Peninsula will start going to landfill from next week.
- A Christchurch primary school has apologised for giving students false Covid-19 prevention tips such as gargling hydrogen peroxide and holding their breath.
A man has deliberately coughed and sneezed on shoppers at a Christchurch supermarket and then posted a video of it to Facebook.
- New Zealanders are mostly staying at home during lockdown, with trips to the supermarket down by 54 percent and transport hubs by 84 percent, according to a new data report from Google.
- There's been another jump in the number of Covid-19 cases in the South, with 19 more recorded including the Waitaki district's first case.
- There are 82 new cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand - 52 confirmed and 30 probable, bringing the total to 950, Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield says.
Paper, plastic and glass from Selwyn households will go to landfill instead of being recycled from Monday.
- A Canterbury husky rescue may have to close or reduce the number of dogs it cares for due to the impact of Covid-19.
- A cyclist has died as a result of a crash in North Canterbury.
- Canterbury's observatories might be in lockdown, but there is plenty for budding scientists and the superstitious to discover.
Walking the dog is a popular way for people in Christchurch to get their hit of fresh air and exercise while the country is in lockdown.
- Christchurch nurse Nicole Smit was lucky to return home from Uganda before the lockdown in NZ - but has grave concerns over the African nation's ability to manage Covid-19.
- Showbiz Christchurch performers have been creating musical theatre inspired videos from their isolation pods to lift people's spirits.
- A major show set to take place at the Christchurch Botanic Gardens has been postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Two of the main US coronavirus hot spots have reported their biggest jumps yet in Covid-19 deaths, with the number of fatalities in New York state comparable to the loss of life in the September 11, 2001, attacks.
- Bill Withers, a soulful singer best known for the 1970s hits Lean on Me, Lovely Day and Ain’t No Sunshine, has from heart complications. He was 81.
- Global coronavirus cases have topped 1 million as the pandemic explodes in the United States and the death toll continues to climb in Italy and Spain, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University.
- Four new states in the US imposed sweeping stay-at-home directives on Wednesday in response to the coronavirus pandemic.