Controversial calls from ref Wayne Barnes which saw two All Black Rugby World Cup campaigns end in tears have elicited plenty of foul-mouthed reactions from Kiwi rugby fans.
- A lawyer says All Blacks are among hundreds of former players taking legal action against World Rugby over a failure to protect them adequately from the risk of brain damage.
- Rhys Patchell does not have particularly fond memories of the last time he played a game at Forsyth Barr Stadium.
- Defending Super Rugby Aupiki champions Matatū have added new talent for the 2024 season.
- North Otago will head into the Heartland Championship off the back of a 36-15 win over Otago Country in a hard-fought game in sloppy conditions at Outram on Friday night.
- Who said rugby is dying? I estimate 4000 turned up at Bathgate on Saturday to witness the club final between Southern and Dunedin.
- Central Otago claimed the Topp Cup with a 38-31 win over their Southern Region rivals on a balmy day at Molyneux Park in Alexandra on Saturday.