- Dunedin Botanic Garden and Orokonui Ecosanctuary’s captive breeding programme has successfully hatched two threatened South Island kākā.
- If you hear loud sirens down your street next week, that is the Dunedin emergency services call asking you to bring your extra cans to your gate for collection.
- The government has today confirmed that it has scrapped the Lake Onslow pumped hydro scheme in Central Otago.
- A young Christchurch man in the throes of dying from a drug overdose thrashed about in distress while the person who gave him the drug filmed his demise and sent it to friends.
- Tributes are pouring in for country music icon Reg McTaggart, who died at his Arrowtown home last month, after having lived in the Wakatipu for roughly 50 years.
Jeremiah Hall was halfway through designing a symbol of St Clair’s identity which will fly high above the Dunedin suburb when he nearly flagged the idea.
- A shop owner says her trade has been cut in half by George St roadworks and the Dunedin City Council should be doing more to help businesses.
- A jury has found a man not guilty on two charges of molesting his stepdaughters.
- Octagon business owners say the area is in need of an upgrade, but are unsure about the proposed multimillion-dollar price tag.