Australia have launched bids to host the men's Rugby World Cup in 2027 and the women's event in 2021, Rugby Australia has confirmed.
- The Otago Boys’ High School first XV is back in the premier schools grade next year and first XV games could head to Queenstown.
- Kiwi administrator Raelene Castle has been announced as the new chief executive for Rugby Australia, taking over from Bill Pulver.
- The All Blacks will face South Africa next year at a ground they haven't lost at since 1970.
Chris Gayle hit 18 sixes on his way to an unbeaten 146 off 69 balls for Rangpur Riders against Dhaka Dynamites to create Twenty20 cricket history in the Bangladesh Premier League final.
- New Zealand test opener Jeet Raval will bring up a century — but it is not the one he wants.
- Fancy four-day tests? Look no further than Seddon Park over the last, er, four days.
- Martin Guptill's return to the New Zealand limited-overs side has been put on hold while he continues to recover from injury.
FIFA have fined Peru just over $18,000 for two breaches during their World Cup qualifying play-off against New Zealand.
- The South’s best young footballers are set to test themselves on the national stage.
- Christmas will be much merrier for all four of Southern United’s teams this year.
- Caversham and Pirates will meet in the clubrooms afterwards but whether there are football posts at Hancock Park is still up in the air.