Southern and Habour will contest the Dunedin premier rugby final after winning their semifinals at Hancock Park this afternoon.
- If the weather stays as awful as it has been, stick the mortgage on the Crusaders.
- Coach Johan Ackermann admitted to “grey-hair moments” as he came within two minutes of ending his tenure with the Lions on a sour note when they were forced into a late rally to beat the Sharks.
- Fullback Damian McKenzie landed four penalties and wing Shaun Stevenson scored a try late on as the Chiefs claimed a hard-fought 17-11 victory over the Stormers.
Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov signed a three-year deal with Serie A club Roma, the Premier League side said on Saturday.
Australia have been sent crashing out of the Women's Cricket World Cup by India on a chastening day for the world champions at Derby.
- Nathan King has returned to Otago cricket a year after resigning as head coach of the Volts.
- England booked a place in the Women's World Cup final with a dramatic two-wicket win over South Africa.
- Eden Park seems almost certain to host an England test against New Zealand next summer - but it may not be the hoped-for pink-ball contest.