In preparing his team for Saturday's seismic first test against the British and Irish Lions, All Blacks coach Steve Hansen has made a point of looking to the past for inspiration.
- Being courageous and bold, Warren Gatland says, is the key to winning the first test at Eden Park.
- The most eagerly awaited test in New Zealand is just around the corner, in Auckland tomorrow night. What points towards a home town victory and what are the things creating worry lines?
- Zingari-Richmond and Southern will play for a new trophy this weekend, the Eric Watson Cup.
The Waikato-Bay of Plenty Magic have missed out on the ANZ Premiership playoffs in agonising fashion, falling barely short of their lofty target against the Northern Stars tonight.
- Gina Crampton nearly reached her latest milestone without even realising it.
- One more to go. That's the reality of the Southern Steel's 64-51 win over the Central Pulse in Invercargill last night.
- The Southern Steel confirmed their strong favouritism for the ANZ premiership title as they completed a terrific 15-from-15 winning round robin record in Invercargill tonight.
- For almost 20 minutes the All Whites dared to dream in the Confederations Cup on Thursday morning.
- All Whites coach Anthony Hudson is likely to make changes to his starting XI for the match against Mexico.
- Mexican coach Juan Carlos Osorio has warned his players not to be complacent ahead of their match with New Zealand (Thursday 6am NZT), saying that the All Whites have a similar team spirit to the...
Otago's Neil Broom was one of three new names on New Zealand Cricket's central contract list for the 2017-18 season.
- Afghanistan and Ireland will join the ranks of full test-playing nations after receiving the backing of the International Cricket Council's (ICC) conference.
- The Blacks Caps list of contracted players is expected to be announced today. Cricket writer Adrian Seconi takes a lighthearted look at who might make the cut.
- Hard-hitting New Zealand wicketkeeper Luke Ronchi has few regrets after announcing his retirement from international cricket.