Ben Smith will play his 127th game for the Highlanders on Saturday, equalling the mark set by former captain Anton Oliver.
- Next Saturday Sam Anderson-Heather will be packing down against the British and Irish Lions.
- Southland Boys' High School produced some tenacious defence to hold on for a tense 13-12 victory against rival Otago Boys' High School in Invercargill yesterday.
- The All Blacks have won the 2017 edition of Spain's prestigious Princess of Asturias Award for Sport.
- Steel assistant coach Lauren Piebenga did not take the bait when the Otago Daily Times suggested a loss against the Pulse tonight might not be the worst outcome.
- Markham's College A staged a big comeback to beat the Southern Magpies on Saturday.
- The Mainland Tactix slumped to its ninth loss of the season on Monday night.
Paul Pogba and Henrikh Mkhitaryan scored goals as Manchester United beat Ajax to win the Europa League final.
- Following some of his finest displays in an All Whites shirt, Michael McGlinchey is in a confident frame of mind and says there is a real belief in the New Zealand squad it can foot it with the...
- Football South has taken a financial hit but chairman Matthew Holdridge is optimistic it is just a temporary setback.
- The Europa League final should have been a "football feast" but has been inevitably overshadowed by the bomb attack in Manchester which killed 22 people, Ajax coach Peter Bosz has said.
Bangladesh have beaten New Zealand for the first time in 17 one-day international attempts away from home.
- Otago will have a least a couple of players in prime playing form when the squad reassembles later this year.
- New Zealand wrapped up the tri-series title with a convincing 190-run win over hosts Ireland at Malahide near Dublin today.
- New Zealand eased to a four-wicket victory with 15 balls to spare in a ground-record chase against Bangladesh as part of their Champions Trophy build-up.