NZ Rugby is investigating alleged comments by Black Ferns coach Glenn Moore that a player says contributed to her mental breakdown on the team's recent European tour.
- Veteran hooker Liam Coltman was barely recognisable when he fronted for a Highlanders photo shoot at Cargill’s Castle.
- Some Highlanders have been sanctioned recently for off-field antics gone awry. But they pale into comparison to what happened when England's James Haskell threw a party at the end of his stint with the Dunedin-based franchise.
- Greer Muir and Josh Ioane have scooped Otago rugby’s top awards.
Pat Cummins took a five-wicket haul in a dream start to his Australia captaincy as England were skittled for 147 before tea on the opening day of the Ashes at the Gabba on Wednesday.
- New Zealand crashed to their heaviest defeat by runs in test cricket today, as India completed a 372-run drubbing in the second test to seal a 1-0 series win
- The father of Black Caps spinner Ajaz Patel says his son's "unbelievable achievement" of 10 wickets against India is just rewards for the work he has put into the sport.
- India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin struck three early blows to put the hosts on course for a series-clinching victory against New Zealand in the second and final test.
A significant oil spill on an already wet track brought a slightly early end to proceedings at the motorsport event at Teretonga Park at the weekend.
- Invercargill trainer Shannon Armour continued her great record with a cheap buy when Nyla scored at Wingatui yesterday.
- The Forbury Park club will make its racing return today.
- It was a night for the mares when Probabeel took the New Zealand Thoroughbred Horse of the Year honours for the 2020-21 season at a virtual event last night.
- Pitch preparations are already under way for the footballing world’s descent on Dunedin.
- Millions of eyeballs from around the world will cast their gaze towards Dunedin in 2023 after the southern city was selected to host six games at the Fifa Women’s World Cup.
- The Wellington Phoenix women finally have a full squad and some commercial support.