Australia's world record Twenty20 chase against New Zealand on Friday night has left both captains mulling over how they defend Eden Park's backyard dimensions ahead of tomorrow night's tri-series...
- Goodwill between the Albion Cricket Club and the St Kilda Bowling Club has allowed adult cricket to resume at Culling Park.
- NZ coach Mike Hesson has sought to take the pressure off his death bowlers by saying all three of the twenty20 tri-series squads’ quicks have struggled.
- The most recent Tui Catch a Million winner says he will split the $50,000 cash prize with his mates.
For long-suffering Blues followers 2018 is shaping as the year they find the answer to a problem that has haunted them for 13 years.
- Former Highlanders and All Black loose forward Adam Thomson is expected back in New Zealand later this week after a tough start to the year.
- A crowd of about 16,000 is expected to roll up for the first game of the Super Rugby season in New Zealand when the Highlanders host the Blues on Friday night.
- The teams in the Australian conference have only one way to go after last year’s disappointing Super Rugby season. Rugby writer Steve Hepburn looks at the sides seeking to win back some respect.
Otago Olympians made their presence felt in the qualification rounds of the men's free ski halfpipe in PyeongChang with three out of the four Wanaka skiers qualifying for for the final.
- A Russian curler at the Winter Games in South Korea is being investigated for suspected doping, a scandal that could imperil Russia's efforts to regain full Olympic status.
- Cheering erupted at Wanaka's Mount Aspiring College yesterday as 16-year-old pupil Zoi Sadowski-Synnott qualified for the women’s big air snowboard final at the Winter Olympics.
- Wanaka snowboarder Zoi Sadowski-Synnott has secured a spot in the final of the big air at the Winter Olympics in PyeongChang.
Malysha Kelly was looking forward to an afternoon of lugging fire hoses around and climbing stairs when the Otago Daily Times called for an interview yesterday.
Manchester City were sensationally knocked out of the FA Cup by third-tier Wigan Athletic, who beat the Premier League leaders in a stunning upset.
- Southern United put on one of its best performances of the season as in the end it strolled to a convincing 4-0 win over the Wellington Phoenix Reserves at Sunnyvale yesterday.
- Romelu Lukaku extended his impressive FA Cup scoring record by netting twice in Manchester United's 2-0 win and securing a place in the quarter-finals.
- Four footballers from bottom Premier League club West Bromwich Albion are being questioned over the late night theft of a taxi in Barcelona.