Otago welcomes back some Super rugby players for its clash against Wellington at Forsyth Barr Stadium tomorrow night.
Premier League West Bromwich Albion and Watford were knocked out in the League Cup second round by lower-league opponents today as a strong Liverpool outift crushed championship side Burton Albion...
- AS Roma suffered another European humiliation when they had two players sent off, losing 3-0 at home to Porto and missed out on the Champions League group stage.
- England manager Sam Allardyce has said he may consider holding talks with defender John Terry on a possible return to international football, but added he was not aware of the "political" issues that may arise as a consequence.
- Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp has called for his players to "stay calm".
- Former Silver Ferns captain Casey Kopua will return to top-level netball next season after re-signing with the Waikato-Bay of Plenty Magic.
- Southern Magpies are the premier A grade champions for the fifth year in a row after beating Phys Ed A 58-53 at the Edgar Centre in Dunedin last night.
- It will be a repeat of last year when Phys Ed A and Southern Magpies meet in the premier A grade final tonight.
The first cricket test between South Africa and New Zealand was abandoned without a ball being bowled last night, leaving the two sets of players frustrated as they were forced to settle for a draw.
- A wet outfield again prevented play on the fourth day of the first test between South Africa and New Zealand in what is becoming an increasing embarrassment for the hosts.
- The final test between West Indies and India has been abandoned as a draw as the soggy outfield remained unplayable in Trinidad.
- Otago captain Suzie Bates was a key figure as the Southern Vipers won England's women's T20 Super League.