Emptying the tank to zero and beyond, Otago got home over Auckland at Forsyth Barr Stadium.
- Green Island has defeated West Taieri 37-17 in the promotion-relegation game at Forsyth Barr Stadium to hold on to its premier status.
- All Black great Richie McCaw says a touch rugby team he is selecting for a game in Queenstown next month will be ''up for the challenge''.
- Otago will be looking to the wide open spaces to beat Auckland tonight in what looms as a crucial game for its season.
- Two frontline players from last season have been dropped from the Silver Ferns line-up for the upcoming Constellation Cup series against Australia.
- Maria Tutaia says the shift to goal shoot is the "refresher" she needs to continue building her arsenal.
- Many of Dunedin Netball's top achievers were recognised at its 2017 prizegiving on Monday night.
Marcus Rashford scored twice as holders Manchester United brushed aside second-tier Burton Albion 4-1 at Old Trafford to reach the fourth round of the League Cup.
- Arsenal's Danny Welbeck will miss at least three weeks with a groin injury.
- Former England striker Alan Shearer has said Liverpool have made no significant headway under Juergen Klopp.
- Manchester City thumped Watford 6-0 to move top of the Premier League as Crystal Palace suffered their fifth successive loss in a 1-0 defeat by Southampton.
Batsman Khalid Latif has been handed a five-year ban for his role in a spot-fixing scandal during this year's Pakistan Super League (PSL).
- An unbeaten century from Jonny Bairstow helped England stroll to a seven-wicket victory over West Indies in the opening match of their one-day series at Old Trafford this morning.
- South African strike bowler Dale Steyn has delayed his return from a lengthy injury layoff after withdrawing from a domestic first-class series match because he felt he was not ready.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has agreed to back Pakistan's efforts to resume international cricket in their own country and said it would provide financial assistance for security needs.