New Zealand came a close second in the opening match of their five-game ODI series against South Africa last night in Hamilton.
- Most of us would be happy just to hit the winning runs.
- Cricket in the Outram area is expected to advance "from strength to strength" after the completion of a new $33,500 nets training facility at the Outram School was formally opened yesterday...
- Southland confirmed its Zone four challenge for the Hawke Cup when it beat North Otago on the first innings over the weekend in Invercargill.
- Former All Black Sione Lauaki has been farewelled by hundreds of family, friends, fans and rugby dignitaries in Auckland.
- Otago loose forward Lee Allan has hung up his boots, deciding to give the game away due to concussion.
- Highlanders coach Tony Brown says the team’s win over the Waratahs on Thursday was an ideal pre-season hit-out for his side but it could have done without the injury to No 8 Luke Whitelock.
Team Wellington came away with the points but Southern United fired its best shot against one of the high fliers of the premiership.
- The steep, cobbled streets of Lincoln's city centre were reverberating on Saturday after the town's football club produced another FA Cup shock to reach the last 16.
- Team Wellington will ask plenty of questions of Southern United tomorrow, led by a Dunedin old boy. Tom Jackson has been leading the line for the premiership leaders and is hitting some top form.
- A Cambodian football coach has been banned from the sport for life for helping to fix a match involving the Young Socceroos last year.
Southern Steel shooter Jhaniele Fowler-Reid stretches after a training session at the Queenstown Events Centre yesterday.
- The Southern Steel might not have notched up a win over the highly-rated Sunshine Coast Lightning, but coach Reinga Bloxham has hailed the pre-season trip across the ditch a success.
- Cue the Mission Impossible music.
- The Silver Ferns have beaten a spirited Wales to complete a 2-0 series sweep and claim the Wendy White Trophy.