The final test of the summer has been washed out at Seddon Park in Hamilton.
- Green Island veteran Ant Harris scooped the major award at the Dunedin Cricket Association awards last night.
- Another rookie will join Otago's inexperienced top order, as coach Rob Walter embraces the opportunity to blood some new players at the end of a disappointing season.
- New Zealand have moved within reach of a series-levelling win in the third and final cricket test in Hamilton.
- The Otago Rugby Football Union is to have a close look at player numbers at the end of the season.
- A tough opening week in premier rugby continues with round two scheduled for a 6pm start tonight.
- Neck exercises may be overlooked by club players which is leading to more impacts and possible concussions on the field.
- All Whites striker Chris Wood has been nominated for the English football Championship's player of the year award.
- The All Whites have continued their serene progress in the Oceania Stage Three World Cup qualifying, sweeping aside Fiji.
- Southern United's Irish players are to remain in the region over the winter.
An opening round double-header has proven doubly fruitful for the Waikato-Bay of Plenty Magic, who have sprung out to an early lead in the ANZ Premiership with back-to-back wins.
- The Southern Steel piled on the points and yesterday and showed why it holds the favourite tag.
- The Southern Steel have got their season off to a strong start with a 75-57 win over the Northern Stars in Hamilton.
- Jeff Cheshire caught up with Southern Steel's Jhaniele Fowler-Reid to see how the team was looking ahead of its first game.