Otago and Southern prop Hisa Sasagi should be in prime shape when rugby returns to a field near you soon ... ish?
- Jamie Joseph says loyalty was in the end why he decided to stick with Japan and not contest the All Black coaching job last year.
- Highlanders staff have taken a pay cut of 30%, but no-one has been laid off.
- Some rugby players may be forced to get other jobs as the coronavirus pandemic continues to force a shutdown of professional sport.
Otago all-rounder Michael Rippon is eligible to play for New Zealand and has been for more than a month.
- Delays in upgrading the drainage at the University of Otago cricket ground could mean the Volts eleven will be forced to spend most of their playing seasons outside their home town.
- Prolific Wellington batsman Devon Conway’s international debut could be a little earlier than expected.
- Crucial work needed to upgrade the University of Otago Oval has been put on hold.
- The global players' union FIFPRO has said the completion of the current season must be the priority.
- A member of the Wellington Phoenix coaching staff has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus.
- A Dunedin teenager playing football in Brazil has caught a flight home, but only after his father was forced to re-book him three times.