New Zealand secondary school rugby coaching focuses only on technical skills rather than also developing social skills and resilience, says a researcher who made a comparison with Japan.
- Halfback Martin Landajo will make his return to the Argentina side to face the All Blacks on Saturday, as coach Daniel Hourcade made minimal changes to the side.
- Tom Franklin and Michael Collins have come back into the Otago side for its game against Auckland at Eden Park tomorrow night but the front row has taken a hit.
- After spending more than three months in the All Black environment without a hint of making his test debut, Damian McKenzie has been judged ready to celebrate a special milestone...
Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard has said he needs to show greater consistency to cement his place in manager Jose Mourinho's starting side this season.
- All Whites coach Anthony Hudson has touted the upcoming games against Mexico and the United States as one of the biggest windows in New Zealand football history.
- Arsene Wenger would be an ideal England coach, former FA executive director David Davies has said.
- Southern United is starting to come together both on and off the field.
- Star midcourter Laura Langman says she is "hugely sad" her decision to sign with the Sunshine Coast Lightning in the Australian league next season will rule her out of Silver Ferns selection.
- The past month has been full on for Te Paea Selby-Rickit.
- Southern Steel players Te Paea Selby-Rickit and Gina Crampton have been named in the New Zealand side for the Fast5 World Netball Series.
New Zealand captain Kane Williamson has been ruled out of the second test against India in Kolkata with a viral illness.
- One of cricket's sternest tests begins for New Zealand at Eden Gardens today, possibly without captain Kane Williamson.
- India test captain Virat Kohli remains sceptical on the accuracy of ball-tracking technology but hinted India might be ready to finally embrace the Decision Review System (DRS).
- New Zealand all-rounder Jimmy Neesham will miss the second test against India in Kolkata due to the rib injury that kept him out of the first match in Kanpur, coach Mike Hesson said.