Otago teams fought hard but came up short at the national sevens championships in Tauranga over the weekend.
- North Otago clubs are already preparing for the coming 2020 season which will have a little more edge with a Ranfurly Shield challenge against Canterbury in July.
- New All Black coach Ian Foster deserves more respect than he's getting, according to his old boss.
- It has been a big few weeks for James Lentjes.
NZ paceman Lockie Ferguson has been ruled out of the cricket series against Australia due to a calf injury sustained in the Perth test.
- Australia cleaned up a hapless New Zealand under lights on the fourth day to secure a commanding 296-run victory in the first test on Sunday.
- Otago wilted. Wellington prospered. The team’s opening game in the women’s Super Smash was rather one-sided.
- Suzie Bates delivered a win for the Otago Sparks with a sparkling century against Northern Districts in Lincoln on Saturday.
- Liverpool moved 10 points clear at the top of the Premier League after beating Watford 2-0, while second-placed Leicester City were held 1-1 at home by lowly Norwich City
- Another World Cup could be on its way to Dunedin.
- A tough run in to Christmas looms, but Southern United is viewing that as an opportunity, rather than a road block.