Southern derbies always cultivate an extra edge. This breathless match, in which the Highlanders led 17-14 at the break, was no different.
- University showed it will not give up its club title without a fight in premier club rugby today as the season finally kicked off.
- Otago Boys' High School first XV got back to winning ways with a hard fought win over John McGlashan College today.
- Dunedin club rugby finally gets underway today and ODT Rugby Chat is that excited we are providing live updates from the games as they happen.
- Peter Fulton is stepping down as Black Caps batting coach after a year in charge.
- A newcomer and a returner have received Otago Cricket’s final two contract offers for this year.
- England's talisman Ben Stokes says captaining his country even just once in his career would be a "huge honour" but admits it was never a massive ambition.
Manchester City generously applauded new champions Liverpool onto the field, but showed no mercy this morning.
- With rain putting a dampener on mid-week training, everyone's hoping the fields will be up to par for some good footy on Saturday.
- Third-placed Leicester City's winless run since the restart of the Premier League season continued with a 2-1 defeat by Everton at Goodison Park.
- The prospect of the 2019-20 A-League season finishing in a NSW hub is almost inevitable as Victoria's coronavirus crisis deepens.