An All Blacks security guard has been found not guilty after he was accused of making up a claim that he'd found a bug in a Sydney hotel room a year ago.
- All Black Liam Squire lines up as blindside flanker for the first Bledisloe Cup clash against the Wallabies in Sydney on Saturday.
- Tighthead prop Aldora Itunu has scored a hat-trick to lead the Black Ferns into the semifinals at the women's Rugby World Cup in Ireland.
- Bitterness, anger, resentment and suspicion continue to define the current state of the relationship between the All Blacks and Wallabies.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi will again be duelling for the title of world's best footballer after their names once again headed the shortlist for The Best FIFA Men's Player.
- Everton manager Ronald Koeman said he expects Gylfi Sigurdsson to boost the club's goal-scoring options after the attacking-midfielder completed his club-record move from Swansea City.
- Southern United has picked up another Irishman - although this one is from a different Ireland.
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Gianluigi Buffon have been nominated for the UEFA's Player of the Year award, the sport's European governing body said.
England's Joe Root and Alastair Cook crafted superb centuries to lead the hosts to a commanding 348 for three on the opening day of their first day-night test against West Indies.
- Cricket is a game with long traditions but some of them are about to change at junior level.
- Suzie Bates has bashed her way into the record books with a stunning twenty20 century in Derby earlier this week.
- England's cricketers admit they will be taking a leap in the dark when the country hosts its first day-night test, with a pink ball, against the West Indies this week.