Finally relief for the Chiefs. If last week's draw with the Hurricanes was a minor step forward, this first win of the season released serious frustrations.
- The great Crusaders' undefeated run ended at the hands of the Waratahs, 20-12, in Sydney on Staurday night.
- With just one loss in six games this season, the Hurricanes can't have too many complaints with their results, but their performances are still leaving plenty to be desired.
- It's starting to feel like the magical version of Waisake Naholo is never going to be seen again and that it's going to take another miracle to get him to a World Cup.
New Zealand Cricket might have downgraded the first-class game to a development tournament but it remains the best measure of a player's ability. And Otago was found wanting by that measure.
- Volts seamer Jacob Duffy and Sparks all-rounder Leigh Kasperek claimed the major awards at the Otago Cricket Association awards last night.
- Black Caps captain Kane Williamson and White Ferns teenage sensation Amelia Kerr headlined the honours at the New Zealand Cricket awards in Auckland last night.
- Former Black Caps spinner Mark Craig has come awfully close to walking away from cricket in the past few years.
England made a hugely impressive start to their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign as Raheem Sterling scored a hat-trick in a 5-0 thrashing of a sorry Czech Republic side on Friday.