Woman dies after choking on a lamington

A woman has died after she choked on a lamington during an Australia Day lamington-eating competition, it has been reported.

It's believed the 60-year-old suffered a seizure after choking on the Australian cake at a Hervey Bay venue in in southeast Queensland on Sunday afternoon, News Corp reports.

Efforts were made to resuscitate her and she was taken to Hervey Bay Hospital but could not be revived.

 

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg

Local trusted journalism matters - now more than ever

As the Covid-19 pandemic brings the world into uncharted waters, Star Media journalists and photographers continue to report local stories that matter everyday - yours.

For more than 152 years our journalists have provided Cantabrians with local news that can be trusted. It’s more important now than ever to keep Cantabrians connected.

As our advertising has fallen during the pandemic, support from you our reader is crucial.

You can help us continue to provide local news you can trust simply by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter