Person taken to hospital after inhaling chemicals

The Spark building on the corner of Colombo and Hereford Sts. Photo: Newsline / CCC
The Spark building on the corner of Colombo and Hereford Sts. Photo: Newsline / CCC
A person was taken to hospital after potentially inhaling chemicals at a Cathedral Square business last night.

A St John spokeswoman said the person was in a moderate condition.  An ambulance attended the scene at the new Spark building about 7.51pm on Wednesday.

"We treated one patient and transported them to Christchurch Hospital," she said. 

A police spokeswoman said they had referred the incident to WorkSafe.

A WorkSafe spokesperson said it is investigating the incident.

"WorkSafe was notified of an incident at the Christchurch Spark building last night.

"We understand a person may have inhaled chemicals. We are making initial inquiries to establish what our next steps might be.

Two fire crews from the Christchurch central station also attended the scene.

 

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg

Local trusted journalism matters - now more than ever

As the Covid-19 pandemic brings the world into uncharted waters, Star Media journalists and photographers continue to report local stories that matter everyday - yours.

For more than 152 years our journalists have provided Cantabrians with local news that can be trusted. It’s more important now than ever to keep Cantabrians connected.

As our advertising has fallen during the pandemic, support from you our reader is crucial.

You can help us continue to provide local news you can trust simply by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter